Sunday, August 02, 2009

Ooops! Not a technically minded bunny recently

Just a quick note- I bought a sound card for the computer so I could Skype David while he is away... then I spoke to David on the phone and asked him why the videos on YouTube weren't working properly- try updating the driver says he.

So, I go off to nvidia, notice that I am running version 77 and should be on version 99... and leave the computer to update itself. And now I have the permanent blue screen of death and the damned thing won't even start in safe mode! I think there is a conflict between the driver for the graphics card and the one for the monitor- but what it does mean, is that I have to take the computer to the repair shop and probably get everything reinstalled all over again.

*wah!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

I had a lovely morning on the beach- had a lie in then scootered down to St George's beach as it is good to swim there, sat in the sun and had a splash. Lovely- and my tan is coming along very nicely!

I am posting from the internet cafe- still have a few minutes before I have to leave for work.

Yesterday was busy at work- 175 plates left the kitchen- and there were 5 of us- four in the hot kitchen and me in the cold. Don't know why they call it a cold kitchen when the damned air con doesn't work!

Kitty cut her thumb really badly- I had to try and mop it up as we had orders in the hot kitchen and I had to get help as I could see she needed stitches. She was taken to hospital and ended up having 5 stitches in her thumb! Ouchy!

Will be out cleaning tomorrow- have to do Jim's place as I haven't been there for nearly two weeks then hopefully I will be finding out about another one off clean. I need to get a car sorted out soon as I have the opportunity for more cleaning jobs.....

Will have to go and get the staff bus- speak to you all as soon as I can- hopefully I can get the PC fixed Tuesday morning.

Lots and lots of love from Cyprus
Me xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment