Sunday, July 26, 2009

Still not me....

Well, its me posting, but I don't feel like me.

Valentino asked why I wasn't speaking to him- as if I haven't told him dozens of times what is going on already. Bloody Cypriots at times! Chef said he doesn't like seeing me like this- I said he just has to give me time to adjust. I'm living on my own and its something I've never done before! Holidays are different- I don't know exactly when David is coming back this time which makes it harder.

Willow was crying earlier- that pitiful little meep that she does at times- doesn't help that I've got no cat food in the flat other than biscuits! She'll just have to be patient- I will go to Papantoniou in the morning and buy one tin until Monday morning when I aim for UKays and the cheap stuff!

I have too much to say and don't feel like sharing when I could be telling David over the phone.

I cleaned 302 this morning and must remember to do my invoices and ask if I can get a new mop bucket for there (the bit where you wring the mop out is cracked and its not so easy to squeeze all the water out anymore) and ask them about the possibility of more double sheets- they have plenty of singles as I discovered today! I brought one load of washing home from there- looks like what the owner was using just before he left so its not too much.

I weighed myself today too in the flat- I'm down to 75 kilos again. Still slightly overweight according to the BMI charts but if I keep losing weight while David is away there will be nothing left of me!

We had a very nice treat today at work- not only pizza for tea (they were testing out a new dough using fresh yeast and no eggs- yummy!) but when we finished and Chef was leaving, he said we could have whatever we wanted to eat- so I had a chocolate mousse tort and a scoop of caramel ice cream! At last, the carrot and not just the stick!

It went easier tonight too- Kumar brought his friend in to be our assistant/ KP for the summer season after Chef asking us yesterday if we knew someone who would give us a hand as the kitchen needs three people all the time. Around 100 main courses today and it didn't feel like it was that busy even though most of it was done in an hour and three quarters. Once Sam (Sanjeev) has learnt the menu, it will be even quicker!

Well, I will leave it at that for now, mind going blank.
To you all, with love from Cyprus..... me xxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment