Friday, July 24, 2009

Home Alone Night One

Hi David

By the time you read this... well, no doubt it will be late/ early morning. Its quarter to two am and I am thinking of bed already. I walked home from the bus through the old town with my MP3 player plugged firmly into my ears.

It was busy at work from when I arrived. Everything went to pot- ran out of stuff, orders went out late, what can we do? I asked for help from Ludo (Brasserie Chef) and later got told off by Kumar for doing so- he doesn't care that the orders take 45 minutes to leave the kitchen. Well, sorry! But I do care.!

I spoke to Panayiotis, the Food and Beverage Manager- if I am still missing you really badly, he will give me a couple of days off to fly over and see you. Its tempting but too expensive. Damned summer holidays!

Willow is whingeing away- running around and wailing. She's got food, I think that she's wondering where you are. I'm wondering that too- somewhere over Central Europe would be my guess- half way to England by now. *sigh*

There was a nice breeze outside- but its from the wrong direction for us to get in the flat. Never mind. I shall take the fan to bed in a short while and see about getting some sleep. I hope you manage to sleep on the plane.

I am trying to check out your flight on flightstats.com and just noticed that google has another logo. I can't find how to get the picture to show you, its got dragons. I think the glass of wine I am drinking has gone to my head too much- I haven't eaten all night since that slice of pizza for lunch.

Flightstats is telling me that your flight has not yet departed, I hope you aren't still stuck at the airport! I am sure you would have rung by now....
Your number is not available- I am sure you are somewhere in the air fast asleep. Dream of me sweetheart :)

I have to go to bed now- my eyes close despite trying to stay awake, despite waiting to hear from you. I will set my alarm for tomorrow as Alexandra is coming to Pafos! No doubt I will be up early, you know I don't like sleeping here alone too much. I will write more in around 6 hours or so- and text you when you land safely.

Until then, my love
From Cyprus, With Love
K xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment